Here is my finished book cover design for the Puffin Awards, based on James and the Giant Peach's 50th birthday celebration. I had quite a lot of fun experimenting with mixing the use of traditional printing with elements on photoshop with this project, and i feel like i got a lot more stuck in than i usually do. However, there are definitely pro's and con's to consider when looking at it, which has been highlighted with other peoples responses to it.
- Good type
- I think i did the layout of a book cover justice
- Using a black background isn't the obvious choice but brings the work together, and is a successful background
- Good use of texture.
- Focus on making the characters look decent-- especially faces
- Think about use of colour more, no need to saturate the image so much
- I wish i'd spent more time on a better type for the blurb.