15/12/2011

Final Major Project: Initial Thoughts


So I’ve come to the end of an era, and with the start of the new year will come the start of a new project: the Final Major Project. This, as I understand, is where the majority of my end of year marks will come from (hence the name I guess) so it would be a good idea to get this one right.

I’ve been racking my brains when I have a spare minute or so, or when I’m drifting off to sleep, thinking about what I might be able to work on for the last part of my education. I’ve not come up with anything definitive at all, but I’ve decided that the only thing I can really do (with me being one of the people in the class with a less focused style) is get guidance from my tutors. In the meantime, however, I can explore my strengths and weaknesses in order to find some sort of theme.

One idea I’ve had for a while is to invent some of my own characters (say, a robot, a chicken and a talking lamp, for example) and incorporate them into my world of illustrations. I think that this would work best with one of my greatest influences: comics. So this is a strong way forward for me. I’d also be interested in doing some BIG work, like a mural, and I want to finally try my hand at getting some t-shirts made. So incorporating all of these aspects would make my year more enjoyable.

However, I’m sure the tutors have seen students come in with ideas all the time and still not have anywhere to put them to good use, and I do think that this could easily happen to me, so I’m looking forward to the time when these ideas take better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment